How to Make Healthy Meals for the Holidays
Healthy Recipes You Can Make Anytime of Year
1 head cauliflower
1/4 cup organic butter
1/4 cup organic half and half
salt and pepper
*substitute 1-2 tbs coconut oil and 1/2 a lemon instead of using butter and half and half for a dairy free option
Steam cauliflower until tender and drain. In food processor, blend cauliflower with remaining ingredients until smooth.
1 cup raw almonds
2 cups raw unsweetened flaked coconut
2-3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
Stevia or Xylitol to taste
6-9 tbs warmed liquid Coconut Oil
2 tbs Flaxseeds
In blender or food processor, grind almonds and Flaxseeds. Blend in remaining ingredients. Remove mixture and place tablespoon sized servings on a cookie sheet and chill. Makes 12.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
A remake of the consummate classic, this new adaptation doesn’t take anything away from the original (other than the sugar, gluten and all the other inflammation-causing stuff). Next time your sweet tooth comes calling, you can rely on these tasty cookies to quench your cravings.
Too many people think you have to be deprived to eat well and that is just not the case. While we don’t recommend “treats” as a staple of any diet, healthy or otherwise, an occasional indulgence is perfectly acceptable.
With ingredients that are actually packed with nutrition, you can’t really go wrong. This is a new spin on a classic cookie. Consider them health-i-fied chocolate chip cookies.
This recipe makes about 24 cookies.
- 2-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspon baking soda
- 1/2-3/4 cup xylitol or stevia to taste (Stevia is not a 1:1 conversion, so you have to add according to your taste preference.)
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) organic butter
- 1 bar sugarless chocolate, chopped into chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Melt the butter gently in a saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter with the egg and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Chop the chocolate bar and mix into the batter.
- Drop about a tablespoon of batter an inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake until slightly brown around the edges.