How to Do the Seated Neck Stretch Exercise
Neck Stretch Exercises: Seated Neck Stretch
The seated neck stretch is an excellent way to help relieve tightness and tension in the sides and back of the neck. This basic stretch can be done while you’re seated in any armchair.
Back and sides of neck. Can help relieve shoulder tension as well.
Step by Step Instructions
- Start seated with your feet flat on the floor.
- Put your right hand on the right arm of the chair to help hold your position.
- Next, bring your left hand to the right side of your head.
- Gently bend your head towards your left shoulder. Hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side. Hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat as much as you like.
You can experiment with the angle of your neck tilt to target the area that is feeling stiff and sore. For instance, try bending your head straight down or at a 45-degree angle to help loosen the back of the neck or the sides of the neck.
Do not pull or try to torque your neck with your hand. The hand is there to apply a gentle pressure and help guide your neck into the right position.
If you feel a sharp or sudden pain, call your Chiropractor before continuing.