Chest Opener Stretch Tutorial
How to Do the Chest Opener Stretch Exercise
The Chest Opener stretch feels just as it sounds, like a nice opening up of the chest and shoulders. There’s no equipment needed and it can be done while sitting or standing. It’s excellent as a cool-down post-exercise or as part of any exercise routine when you just want a good stretch.
Upper Chest, Middle Chest, Lower Chest
Step by Step Instructions
- Stand or sit up tall.
- Hold both arms in front, hands palm-to-palm.
- Inhale deeply and smoothly draw your arms out and back.
- Take in several deep, cleansing breaths and feel your chest and shoulders open.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together as you breathe.
- Return both arms to the front and repeat 5-10 times.
- Keep your core straight and avoid overextending your back.
- Smoothly bring your gaze as far as is comfortable, taking care not to overextend the neck
- Engage your abdominal muscles to maintain the posture and protect the back
And there you have a simple chest stretch!