Low Back Exercise to Reduce Excessive Curve
Improve Posture With This Low Back Stretch
This exercise is great for helping to take too much curvature out of your lower back. It also helps to strengthen your abdominals, without a single sit up.
Lower back and abdominals
Step by Step Instructions
- Grab your foam yoga block and lay down on the floor facing a table or couch.
- Place the foam block under your buttocks so it supports the middle of your tailbone.
- Raise your legs to rest on the table or couch. Your knees should be bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly lift your lower back and pull your belly button to your spine.
- Hold for 5 seconds.
- Relax your back, then relax your legs.
- Repeat, lifting your lower back and pulling your belly button inward to your spine.
- Relax and repeat 10 times.
- Choose a surface that is the right height for your legs so you don’t overextend while lifting and lowering your lower back.
- Breathe throughout the entire movement.
- Your lower back should be off the ground the entire time.