How To Do The Standing Posture Exercise
A Simple Exercise to Improve Posture
The standing posture exercise is a good way to “reset” your posture. When you notice that you’re standing or sitting slumped over, with a rounded back, neck and shoulders, try this simple exercise.
Also Known As
The Wall Stand Exercise
This standing exercise targets the back, neck, shoulders and hips.
Step by Step Instructions
- Standing against a flat wall, keep your arms by your sides.
- Flatten your entire body, from head to toes against the wall.
- With your head facing straight forward, push your body firmly against the wall.
- Increase the pressure and release.
- Start with 5 reps of that and work your way up to 20, then 100.
- Keep your neck straight and drive the back of your head right into the wall.
- Use as much pressure as you can to really flatten your whole body into the wall
- Keep inhaling and exhaling to avoid tensing your other muscles.